Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Twittering vs. Facebook

I'm on Facebook and it seems just when I start to understand how things work, they go and change how it looks. I just want to see my family and friends latest news and photographs. I don't have time for many of the applications/games/surveys or whatever they call them, although apparently I am having 3 kids, used to be Marilyn Monroe in a previous life and am "actually" only 23.

So I finally gave in and signed up for Twitter. Does anyone else "Twit"?, are you "twittering"?, have you become a "twitee"?, see I don't even known the terminology yet. Now I've signed up, created my profile and done a whole two "twits"/updates/what-you-call-its (I really need to learn the lingo) but then I found myself with no-one to follow. Hmm boring.

Any suggestions on who to follow? Do you have an account? If you do let me know so I can follow you (isn't that technically stalking?). Talking and following yourself is kind of boring and creepy.

Not much crafting/sewing has been going on, what with customers wanting work done and all that. I've spent the last 5 days and counting trying to fix up mistakes made by what appears to be a company purely run by monkeys so nothing creative unless you count writing emails and trying NOT to swear at them.

Last week I made both sides of my quilt and started quilting it, but now I kind of don't like how I've done it. I think I should unpick and hand quilt. Bah.

And just so there's some pictures in my post.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I hate the new facebook too. I spend way too much time on the internet already so I couldn't possibly twit as well.

The Mini Mum said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of twitter LOL I just clicked to follow you :o) I don't have time for facebook these days. Twitter is set up as a little firefox addon so I can natter on about anything all day while I work LOL

Cindy said...

Oh sweet twitter the great time vortex and I have only been doing it a week.

Spool {} said...

Welcome to Twitter! I don't usually have much to say (ahem, that would be tweet, not twit lol!) but I follow some great tweeters like Whipstitch and True Up. I'm stalking (I like that better than following!) you now too, so tweet away :)

Ellyn said...

I twitter too... Ellynz... will click to follow you, stalking sounds too scary!

Ellie said...

I want a quilt in progress photo. I am still too busy stroking the fabric to even consider cutting it just yet.

Twit twat I am still learning to bloody email.

Liesl said...

I tweet ... but am afraid I have trouble thinking of anything remotely witty or interesting to say. Its tricky enough blogging!

handmaiden said...

Lisa, your keen to Twitter as well, I have enough to do with blogging......will be interesting to follow your developments

Kate said...

I don't like the new facebook either - so I'll see how twitter goes - I think I need to spend some time there to understand it.