Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Andalucia Spring Ruffle Top

I was intending to make myself one of these tops after I saw it on Sew Mama Sew. So instead, I had a brief moment of insanity and while Liam was napping this afternoon asked Bella if she would like to help me make her a top. Big mistake. Like sewing doesn't take long enough as it is. But it was nice, she helped me draw lines, cut the fabric, and even sew it up. Of course I was constantly asked if it's finished yet and wanting to keep it on while I was pinning it for length etc.

The good thing is, it's been on since the last stitch was finished and she is in love with it. Apparently she is wearing it tomorrow, but only after we compromised with not wearing tonight to bed.

The pattern is for adults, but I just used the calculations and a bit of adjusting to make it the right size. The fabric is from Patty Young's Andalucia line and I love it just as much as the pictures I've seen of it. Girly but not all candy pink, and I love the co-ordinating red and green.

5 comments:

One Flew Over said...

Bella looks very sweet in her new threads. You are so brave to have a little assistant, I think my little one would end up creating more work for me!

Unknown said...

OH Sew Pretty! Bella looks adorable!

Andrea said...

Oh I love it! I too was admiring that tutorial this afternoon. I love the fabric.

Ellyn said...

adorable! She'll be sewing them on her own before you know it. Good for you letting her help!

Cass said...

Looks great. I saw that too and now I might have a go at adjusting it for my daughter