Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crochet Capelet

My first crocheted garment, a capelet for Isabella using Leila & Ben's pattern that I bought from their etsy shop so long ago it's embarrasing. After a couple of false starts when I first bought it I gave up, not knowing how to even "Cast on" probably wasn't helping me, until I got my crochet-groove doing my recent squares. So I thought I'd attempt it again and voila, it worked. I love it, but Isabella doesn't seem so impressed, but she'll be wearing it damn it. The yarn is Heirlooms' Easy Care 8ply in colourway #705 and it used exactly 2 skeins, no more no less.

7 comments:

Belinda said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!! Great job.

One Flew Over said...

Very sweet, if only I could crochet

CurlyPops said...

Wow that is gorgeous...I wish I could crochet!

B said...

Are you serious girl? Seeing what you knit up ALMOST, and I mean almost, want to take up knitting myself. This doesn't get any cuter.

Cindy said...

I love it, love it, love it. I am known to have a capelet soft spot though. I will keep squaring in hope I can make it to this project.

Unknown said...

I love it and am opening a new browser window to buy the pattern :)!

Bek said...

This is adorable. I think I might buy the pattern... I am very new to crochet, I can do a granny square- do you think I could do this?