Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wiksten Tank #2


Pattern: Wiksten Tank

Fabric: Satin from Spotlight

The good: My second Wiksten tank and another instant love. Worn yesterday with black jeans, brown boots and a long grey cardigan and I got so many compliments about my top I think I might just make another. The pattern is available for download for just US$8.50, and it is so so worth it. I used cotton pre-made binding, trying to make binding out of the satin would have been near impossible. Fits perfectly, nice and loose and great length.

The bad: Nothing.

Modifications: Nothing.

I've started being a bit more choosie (so not a word) about which patterns I decide to buy. Its the basics that I find myself wanting, things that I can make again and again and this tank is one of them. So is the Tova top/dress for that matter also by Wiksten and I have just ordered the Sewaholic Renfrew top which I can see so many different versions appearing in my wardrobe.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

That is a lovely print!
I am in love with the Renfrew. I have made 4 so far and they seem to be all I am wearing at the moment.
Well, mixed up with my Tova tops from last year.
And finished off with a Minoru.
See, in love, lol