Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Storing Thread and Bobbins (Blogtoberfest Day 19)

The more I sew the more shades of pinks, blues and greens appear. So far I have stored my threads in one container and my bobbins in another couple, and while it works well, when it comes to finding the 'right' shade of a colour, it can be a pain. 

I'm amazed there aren't more options on the market for storing thread and bobbins together. I did find a large container (below) from Spotlight that had nice long rods but when I got it home, found the rod was too thick for a bobbin. Such a simple thing that they could have thought of when designing it? 

So some googling and I found these at Craftainers. Ordered Tuesday morning and arrived on my doorstep today, definitely cannot complain about the service.


So after soccer this morning, Liam and I had some fun putting the rods all in and then he matched up the bobbins to the threads. Now when I need a colour, I can grab the matching spool and bobbin in one go.


1 comment:

The O's said...

I am getting me some of those...