Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ottobre "Kukerrus" Kimono

Me 1 : Jacket 0. It almost was the other way around.

I think for every stitch I sewed I unpicked 3. No idea why, just silly little mistakes. One of those days I just should have left the sewing machine alone. Anyway, this is the Kukerrus Kimono from the Ottobre 4/2008 magazine which just arrived for the Princess. She seemed very excited I was making her a jacket and made me promise she could wear it tomorrow. I have some red cord for a matching skirt too.

10 comments:

LisaAnn said...

The kimono is so cute. I like the details of the contrasting fabric. Believe me I have had many go arounds with a sewing project. This is a pattern I would also like to try.
Lisa

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa! It's beautiful!!!
I'm speechless.
My husband thanks you.

Ellie said...

WOW - that is excellent.

Christie said...

Beautiful!

I will have to buy that edition I think!

Anonymous said...

Its really fabulous.....well done
Sharon

Marns said...

I have this edition and you have inspired me to try it one day! You are so clever and have wonderful taste in fabrics!

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The Princess wore it out today and we actually got asked where we bought it from! Came home a very happy person..

Emma said...

WOW - It is absolutely beautiful. Well done. Must have been an unbelieveable feeling when asked where you bought it from!! I'm not likely to ever be asked that!

red in oz said...

ooh, that looks lovely, I wonder if it comes in grown up size, it's something that I might wear myself. Going to have to have a go at one of these kimonos soon.

Kate said...

The kimono was worth the effort, it looks great. The fabric combo is stellar!