Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lot's of bits and pieces

It's been a very busy week around here. I've been flat out working and trying to fit little projects in where I can. Yesterday Dean was on kid-duty and disappeared with them all day so I could get lots of work done and then we met up for lunch at a local cafe at the beach. He's certainly tired today! Welcome to Mummy world :-)

Few snaps from our week..

Liam's first Cruskit. He really really likes them!

Isabella wanted me to take a photo of her teeth. 3 year olds are strange.

Another kimono top. I like the design of this one (from here), and it was super quick to make, but this fabric is from Lincraft (at $15 a metre mind you!) was terrible. As soon as I cut the pieces it started fraying terribly. Never again I tell myself. I have said that before though. I'm starting to think summer clothes for the kids (wishing away the cold weather I think) and these tops will be perfect. More of these to come.

A simple pin cushion from scraps. Like all my pretty buttons and ribbons in their new homes?

We have 4 yellow cushions that seem to just float around the place. They almost made it into the bin this week during a clean up because they just didn't belong anywhere. But they survived, got recovered with this beige fabric from Spotlight, gained ties and have become new cushions for the dining chairs. Much better than the old yellow icky ones.

Liam's new reversible jacket. It is sooo warm. This was made in about an hour using the Burda 9828 pattern an EB friend posted about. It's a great pattern, it includes the jacket, a jumper, pants and overalls.

I picked up lot's of lovely fabric at Spotlight on Thursday night. They seem to have got a whole heap of new fabric in since my last visit. It's all destined for specific projects. Hopefully I will knock some off this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the print on the fabric...too bad it was so uncooperative!

I started a flickr group for kimono photos....please feel free to add yours!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/816319@N21/

Emma said...

Wow, what a great assortment of sewing projects!! Love them all - especially the kimono top and Liam's jacket.

Unknown said...

Lisa, you've been sewing up a right storm!
I LOVE your pin cushion and the kimono jacket.
Well done!

celia said...

Well done on the jacket! Where did you buy the reversible zip? I could not find one at Spotlight :(

Lisa said...

Thanks girls.. I got the reversible zip from the Janome shop at my local shopping centre but my local lincraft had them too. I actually ended up with a bigger one and just shortened it. They didn't have a big colour selection, black and white was it! If you want some, PM me and I'll pick some up next time I'm there.