Thursday, June 2, 2011

Simplicity 2586

Pattern: Simplicity 2586 version A minus the ruffle.

I love the fabric, even though it was supposed to be my test version, and while the dress is really really comfortable there's something about the way it sits. Too much like a sack without a belt, but a belt just won't sit right, I think I'll try adding some of those belt loops to the side seams and see how it sits.

It is really comfortable though, and has plenty of room for a "just ate 2 course seafood lunch" tummy as tested today when my Mum & Dad took me out for my birthday where Eva wore her new cardigan and charmed all the waitresses and waiters with her little grin and giggles ...

3 comments:

Ellyn said...

You and Eva both look lovely. I like it with the belt ( but hate that you chop off your head in all the pics!)

CurlyPops said...

I really like the neckline and the arms on that one. Supercute!

The O's said...

I like it with the belt too, what about a thicker belt? Or would that make it too empire line?