Monday, June 6, 2011

Make It Perfect Kid's Vest

Pattern: Kid's Vest from Make it Perfect book

Made for the Monkey boy, a super warm vest with grey drill for the outside and a cute spooky halloween print for the interior. (Why do we have Halloween fabric in Spotlight in Australia in June?).

I wish I had realised that this would turn out to be completely reversible, I would have found a reversible open end zip. Oh well, next time... The fit is great, plenty of room for warm winter tops underneath, and with only a couple pattern pieces I had it cut out and sewn all in one evening once the babes were all in bed.

I've been on a crafting spree in the evenings, making the most of Miss Eva now sleeping through the night, this week as well as the vest I have made an Oliver & S Playdate dress, Make It Perfect Coastal Breeze dress, finishing knitting Bella's school scarf, and just have the hem to do on a cute dress for Eva. All just waiting to be photographed and blogged.

Next up on the cutting table, some matching cargo pants for Liam from the Make it Perfect book.

2 comments:

Cass said...

I love that vest. My girls love vests might have to think about making some

Vanessa said...

I am attempting to make this vest from the Make it Perfect book in a size 4, but I've found the 40 cm zip I bought as per the instructions is too big by about an inch, I've double checked my cut pattern. Did you have this problem?