Sunday, August 9, 2009

Planning Patty Young

I LOVE Patty Young's Modkid designs and fabric. I've already made Isabella a top using her Andalucia fabric back in AprilI love the greens and reds.
This lovely Frida pattern has arrived on my doorstop from quilthomeAlong with this fabric to make it upI even have some matching ribbon that I got from lovely Little Munchkins that I *might* have to incorporate somewhere

I love the samples Patty has made using denim for the bodice

Image from Patty Young's Blog

This Sophie pants pattern is on it's way from CraftyMama's.


I don't think I'll be making the flared version in the middle, but I love the version being modeled by her daughter. They look so great in denim. I'll have to find some light denim for the warmer months.
I got a metre of this in a light cotton from the Remnant Warehouse a couple of weeks ago too at a bargin $14 a metre.. no plans for it, but I'm sure I'll find something!
Looks like I'll be breaking out the sewing machine as soon as I get some light denim and the pants pattern arrives.

2 comments:

B said...

I was doing some serious drooling as I went down your post. Those flared jeans her daughter is wearing is so adorable!

As for that ribbon, you have to put it on your daughters new dress (or were you planning on doing the shirt? You could always put a bit across the top of the pocket and some overlapping the seam joining the two different fabrics along the bottom.

Your creations are going to be fantastic and will make all the mother's who see your daughter so jealous that they can't do the same.

CurlyPops said...

I love that groovy pants pattern. I wouldn't mind a pair of those for myself!