Monday, August 24, 2009

Eye Spy ... Something I want to try

I've seen sock animals everywhere but never had a try so at the show last Friday when I saw CraftChmaft's patterns and kits (in SUPER demand) I thought I'd try one out.

So today between rolling out fresh pasta to go with chicken, fennel and lemon for dinner and baking Bill Grangers No Fail Chocolate Cake (it's true) for someone's birthday I broke open my kit and voila...

Something I want(ed) to try... and did. A mini owl made entirely by hand. Gotta start small you know!

Thanks to Bug and Pop and Kimono Reincarnate for this weeks Eye Spy meme.

5 comments:

willow and moo said...

Oh my! That is the cutest!

Bek said...

Yep, he is cute alright! He can be friends with the one I made the evening I came home from stitches and craft (though I bought a pattern, not the kit).

I have actually made 2! I am filling my house with them!!

Karin van Dam said...

That is so adorable!

Cindy said...

Get thing to try out indeed! He looks so sweet and I think that there may be more very soon.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Awww... he's so cute! Well done!