Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How I wasted an afternoon...

3 big 55L boxes of this from under our bed...



Condensed into these 4 small 15L boxes (10" wide), no fabric thrown away, all just folded and sorted.


(These are all min. 1/2 metre since I mainly make clothes. Anything less is in another box, not folded ... more like a "rummage box".)

A mess of embroidery thread, patterns, needles, hoops scattered in bags and boxes organised into a case from Spotlight ($10)

3 random boxes of patterns into this one I got with a magazine moons ago...


And with that all my crafty stuff now fits onto 4 shelves in a small under-used linen cupboard out of sight.

Nothing crafted but a successful couple of hours. Well it could have been more successful if a certain someone who is *supposed* to nap did. I might have accomplished even more.

4 comments:

willywagtail said...

I like the idea of the rummage box. Iave one of those masquerading as a baby bassinet. Chock a block and never to be sorted as I have no shelves. Your hours wasted were actually productive as they should save you a fair bit of time later in making decisions and also not buying the sae thing again. Cherrie

CurlyPops said...

Wow - I'm impressed. Do you wanna come and visit my house?

Karin van Dam said...

Wasted? I would say that it sounds like an afternoon well spend! It must be great to be able to look at all those pretty sorted piles of fabric and know what and where to grab something when you need it. Enjoy!

Cindy said...

That is so what iNEED to do, you can hardly open the door into my crafting space