Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sew Hip Skirt

Pattern courtesy of Issue #5 of Sew Hip magazine, a skirt just for me. With pockets and a zipper and all. The instructions were a bit brief with no illustrations, but it didn't take too much to figure out how it all went together, even at 11.30 at night when I was sewing it up. 

I probably should have photographed it BEFORE I wore it out this morning while it was still nicely ironed, but I can report it is super comfy and I think it will go great with stockings for winter. The fabric is from Alexander Henry picked up super-cheap.

2 comments:

Bek said...

Looks great! (I didn't notice it wasn't ironed!) I made a skirt today too. I love skirts.

B said...

That looks sharp, I've heard of that magazine and have considered getting it. Would you recommend it?