Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me


It's official, I've left my 20s.

It's not scary, or sad or any of that but makes me happy and grateful. I'm 30, married to the love of my life and have a beautiful daughter and gorgeous son. I'm working for myself, doing what I love and am successful at it while being able to also spend all of my days with my children enjoying this brief time in their lives that they are all mine. Just where I wanted to be.

Today was a perfect day to celebrate a new decade. I woke up after a nice sleep-in to the sound of two very excited kidlets bounding in the door with presants for me. They had been waiting over an hour before Daddy would let them wake me, and that's a long time for a 3 year old and a 20 month old. I got gorgeous cuddles in bed then hand drawn cards and showered in presants, literally. Poor Liam still does NOT understand how to pass something gently, you get it thrown at you. I was almost decapitated by a DVD. After that I had crumpets and coffee made by Isabella and a lovely laze around before we headed off to lunch at the beach with my parents and MORE presants. Sheesh I want to turn 30 every week!

To top it all off, after lunch we headed home to a birthday cake made by hubby. Yes he made me a cake, icing and all. Aren't I lucky? Told you it was a perfect day. Photos coming soon...

13 comments:

Ellyn said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your family gave you the special day you deserve. 30s are terrific, 40s even better.... I'm anxious to find out what 50s bring me in a couple years. Enjoy!

B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I turned 30 in Feb, and so far I have to say it's been a good ride. There is something about leaving your 20's that is refreshing. I think so at least.

Christy Amular said...

Happy birthay Lisa! Turning 30 is very exciting!

Mark said...

Happy Birthday!!

Miss Moo said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Brthday dear Lisa, Happy Birthday to you! Welcome to the thirties!

Belinda said...

Yes, photos please!!! Any Pandora in your present haul? I am sure Renae is dying to see them if there is.

RosaMaría said...

feliz cumpleaños!!! the 30's rocks!!!!!

Ellie said...

Welcome to Club 30.

Can't wait to see the cake.

Liesl said...

Happy birthday - I hope 30 is an exciting year for you! Its Mr HBs birthday today and I have to say that the literal showering in presents must be a universal thing if you have small present-givers!!

Ali said...

Wow! you make 30 sound great!
Happy Birthday!

CurlyPops said...

Yipee and Happy Birthday. Sorry I'm a bit late but when I tried to leave a message yesterday, my internet threw a coniption.
I hope you had a very lovely day.

Corrie said...

belated happy birthday! hope you had a wonderful day

I can't wait to get the far and away fabric either! I only got a small amount for myself when it first came out so am excited to share it!

Corrie:)

Gilly said...

Oh Lisa - happy birthday! I cant believe that considering how much I read your blog I missed it - but in my defense I was away!

I hope you had a great day xxxxGilly