Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Pattern: Simplicity 3506 dress
Fabric: Spotlight Lawn cotton in the sale section for $3/m
The Good: I cut my size to measurements on the pack and the fit is perfect with plenty of ease for a loose dress which was what I was going for. It's hard to see in the photo, but it has a v-neck which is nice and the front is all one piece and the back in two pieces.
The bad: Not "bad" per say, but the zip is redundant. It can easily be put on just over the head. I have some plain black cotton to make another and will be cutting the back as one piece this time too. Like a few of my Simplicity patterns, not all the seams are "finished" ie. with a serger or zig zag stitching, so I added this.
Modifications: Serged all seams and omited the pleats in the back.
There is a very poor photo of me wearing it here thanks to Miss 6. I wish we had more than one full length mirror and it wasn't in the darkest spot of the house in a corridor.