Thursday, April 22, 2010

Paper Piecing

Yesterday morning, as I woke up ready to finish the last very few stitches for a new skirt my sewing machine broke. Ok, that's a lie, it didn't break, it just decided that permanently sewing in reverse would be a hoot. After a little bit of contemplating if I could make this whole doing everything backwards thing work, I dropped my machine off for a service and fix.


Missing my machine, I took to twitter last night, and the lovely Bianca gave me the idea for some hand piecing, so armed with brilliant instructions via BelindaI finished four hexagons. Yay! I might even take some along to Sew it Together (less than a month away now, yay).

5 comments:

Ellyn said...

I love making these! very nice

Miss Moo said...

Like the fabric combinations. I really want to go to Sew it Together. I'm on the waiting list for the Saturday session and I got an email from Sheridan yesterday to ask whether I still wanted to go and that I should find out next week. Fingers crossed....

Cass said...

I'm thinking hexagons fo Sew It Together too, something that easily fits into the bag and can be done on the move while chatting to everyone

Gilly said...

Um ok...now I need to do this! Thanks!

Cindy said...

I always admire the hexs that I see but never have done any. By the time you come down I can sit and eye off yours and learn a thing or two