Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nimbus


Nimus in Sidar Denim Ultra all for me.

The yarn for this baby was a bargin. You know those people who are lucky enough to find heirlooms for $1 at op shops or rave about eBay? not me, never find anything. But at my local craft shop a few weeks back, out the front were these balls of Denim Ultra out the front in the the $3 a ball box. I grabbed 5, thinking I could make something for one of the kids.

When I got home, I came across the Nimbus pattern which was just perfect, and for ME. So after some research to buy some more balls I found out this yarn is normally $20 a ball... not quite $3 I paid. So a flying visit back to the craft store to buy the remaining 3 balls and my fingers crossed I wouldn't need to buy many more at the $20 a ball price. Luck would have it, I had just enough.. as in less than a metre left over. Yep this is my lucky cardigan, could have cost me $160 but made for $24.

Bets of all, I am wearing it as I type and it's super warm, just like being wrapped in a big knitted blanket. All I need is a button and it's all ready for the cooler days that have hit.

5 comments:

sweet limes said...

Lucky sweater? I'd say. And it is gorgeous. I'm glad we're starting to shed those heavy sweaters though. Spring is nearly here.

Kate said...

Bargain!! Great cardi!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Wow! That IS awesome! Gorgeous Lisa! xox

Toni said...

That's great. Was it easy to knit? I'm a beginner knitter but really fancy making myself a cardy for the cooler weather.

Anonymous said...

oh it's beautiful and a bargain to boot!!!