Friday, December 19, 2008

Isabella's Ginger Blossom Quilt


Finished just in time for Christmas, Isabella's quilt using Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom fabric that I bought from here.

I didn't use a pattern just poked around Flickr for inspiration (for a very very long time) and ended up doing alternating squares and then stitched around each square just outside the ditch.

The back is just one long strip of all the different fabrics from the front stitched together

My first attempt at hand stitching binding and I was surprised it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

It's soooo beautiful and I sooooo want to make something like that... one of these days.

Miss Moo said...

Beautiful quilt, Isabella is a lucky girl.

Jackie Russell said...

Cute quilt, I love the colors.

Marie said...

Oh, the quilt is gorgeous. Lucky girl

Bek said...

That is really really lovely. I want to make one like that for my little princess too.