Pattern: Kyoko Missus from Modkid
Ive made this top before, but in a jersey. I have to admit I haven't worn it since then, its the whole elastic around the mid section, I love it on patterns but when it's a tad high like on this pattern it just feels like it's riding up all the time. So I decided to give it another try, but this time using cotton and the instructions on modifying the pattern to use cotton instead of a knit.
The pattern recommended going up and size when using cotton, which I did, and it's a teeny bit big. I omitted the elastic and while it looks very blerg in the photos, (really it's HARD to photography heavily patterned fabric) it actually fits ok. It's gone into my wardrobe and hopefully I will get wear out of this version. I am tempted to add a tiny bit of elastic just to the front, but I think I will wear it a few times first to see.