First week back at school
Bella's first "Dance Spectacular" at the NRL
Working on finishing a "Rubble" for Eva
Lots of baking including Lemon and Coconut Slice and Crumpies from Jamie Oliver's Great Britain book
Feeding the hungry crew with a new delicious soup
Tuscan White Bean Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
10 cups vegetable stock
3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
100g baby spinach leaves
2 cans Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
- Add onion, thyme and garlic, saute for 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and carrots and saute for 10 minutes
- Add beans, stock and potatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the zucchini and leek. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add the baby spinach leaves, heating and stirring until just wilted.
- Uncover and remove from the heat and stir in cheese just before serving. Season to taste.