Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Simplicity 1989

Pattern: Simplicity Sew Simple 1989 


Fabric: Cotton from The Remnant Warehouse


The good: The pattern is "simple" just as the name says, it consists of only a front, shaped back, and sleeves. No zippers and only a very gentle gather in the sleeves. Nothing like some simple sewing that you dont even need to refer to the instructions to get back in front of the sewing machine after a couple of weeks. The neckline is finished with binding which is quick and easy. 


The bad: The pattern cost me $3 on sale at Spotlight and the fabric a whole $3.80. There isn't much to complain about a dress that costs that little and fits well. The neckline is wide, but I like it like that, just a warning to others. 


Modifications: I didn't bother with the belt, otherwise I cut straight to the size. 


Nice and cool for summer, but I'm wearing mine now with a long sleeve top underneath, leggings and boots. And a big fat chunky cowl on those extra cold days. I wore mine out for dinner with a friend a few weeks ago, and she liked it so much that she asked me to make one exactly the same, fabric and all. Must remember to check with her before we head out that we aren't wearing it the same time.. that could be slightly embarrassing.

1 comment:

rachelmp said...

I love it! I'm going to add this to my list of matching patterns with you :)