Friday, April 8, 2011

Zumbo and Calico & Ivy

Enjoying a day just Dean, Evangeline and myself we headed off to Balmain this morning.

First we checked out Adriano Zumbo's little shop

Left to right: Quiche Angela with basil, bocconcini and tomato, Quiche Charlie with chorizo, capsicum and potato.

The quiches were beautiful. According to Dean these are "how a quiche should taste".

Macaroons from top: Coconut Pandan, Sweet Musk, Liquorice and Raspberry, Salted Butter Caramel and an extra Coconut Pandan for our neighbour

From left: Mocha Tart and (I can't remember the name) but it has hazelnuts, caramel, and a whole heap of other yummy ingredients (they didn't survive the trip home very well)

After stocking up on our body weight in goodies, I convinced Dean to take a stroll down the road to the Calico & Ivy shop

Unfortunately we didn't last very long before Eva started stirring and I wanted to get home before she woke for another feed or we would be stuck in Balmain for another hour which would be too close to school pickup if the traffic was bad, so I just grabbed a couple of balls of gorgeous Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn and had a very quick look at the fabrics.. my goodness the fabric is stunning. I will definitely be heading back when I have a project in mind and getting some of their fabric.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

I love EVERYTHING I have ever tasted from Zumbo's but I agree those Quiches are to die for. I have never tasted another quiche as good as the ones from there.

Ellyn said...

what a lovely day for you guys! Can't wait to see what that yarn becomes

Larissa Holland said...

Wow. Wow. I want to go to that food place and stay forever. I've never had a macaron but there are so many pictures and articles about them on the interwebz it makes me feel like I'm really missing something sublime.