Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Great British Sewing Bee

Have you seen it? It's only 4 episodes long and I devoured three of them yesterday in a row while multi-tasking between dinner, homework etc. If you haven't seen it, here are some links to the episodes on YouTube.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4 

I have also been slowly watching last season and catching up on this season of Fashion Star and the two shows are very different. In Fashion Star the contestants only design the outfit, then someone else does the sewing and they are judged on how well they would sell in store. The GBSB is all about home sewers, judged on modifying a purchased piece, how well to follow a pattern, the quality of the sewing and the finished item. I love it, watching the contestants having their little cups of tea, but also the sewing tips from the judges.

Now excuse me, I have preoccupied Eva with a Peppa Pig DVD, the house has been cleaned, vacuumed and I have a coffee ready to watch the finale with some knitting.

No comments: