Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge: 2010



Now I've got the fabric, and I've picked a couple of things that I want to sew for summer (another pair of Oliver & S Puppet Show Shorts for Bella and some more shorts for Liam) I thought I'd get (force) my sewing into gear by signing up for Elsie Marley's Kids Clothes Week Challenge: Fall 2010 (except it's not Fall on this side of the equator, where in full Spring-swing here). If I get time/get far enough ahead I might try this pleated skirt pattern too.

The challenge is to sew/knit/create for an hour a day towards kids clothes. It's been so long since I was in the routine of hopping on the sewing machine each afternoon or night. So now I've signed myself up, let's see what I can manage to get done next week.

2 comments:

The O's said...

me thinks this is a good idea and am very tempted to sign up myself!

Karin van D. said...

Sounds like fun to participate! I think it is a wonderful idea to give yourself an hour a day, or so, to sew, or do something else creative. So often, as I notice here at least, that time for myself is the first thing that's put aside in all the chaos of the day, when everything seems to take too much time of a day that's already not long enough. I told myself many times to just plan a bit of time, even it's just twenty minutes, for sewing every day, to make sure I actually do it and to avoid frustration ;-) You reminded me of that, thanks. I think I'm going to mark some time in my calender again!

Have fun with the kis clothes week!