Friday, October 2, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 3: My latest knitting adventures

As promised yesterday, my latest knitting projects from the past week and a bit

A pair of baby-sized "moc-a-sock" booties from Bekah.Knits' pattern. These are for my cousin and her husband who just had a baby boy in New Zealand and I finished them a couple of days ago.

Two more cup cozies. The blue is for a friend who dropped not-so-subtle hints that she would like one. The cream was a test, I used double strand to make the cozy extra thick and I think it works. Both are nice and warm to hold while sipping your coffee or tea. I'm still contemplating keeping the cream one for myself since I don't have a cozy yet, but I may offer it up for a giveaway instead...

A cardigan from Panda's #204, 11 Handknits for Kids pattern book for Isabella knitted in Panda 8ply. I have to admit I only made about 90% which was ages ago, then Mum finished it off and sewed it up since she had run out of knitting projects.

For Mum's birthday in a couple of weeks, even though it's getting the wrong time of year to wear it, I've made her a shadow[]box from Bendigo's Cotton 5 ply. According to Alison it is..

Big garter stitch thingy.

Big.

Lots of garter stitch.

And a big button

Very round!

Very cosy!

Wear it buttoned, or draped and unbuttoned


No photo, yes it's finished but it looks like a big knitted square which isn't very exciting and hard to photograph. Just look at Alison's and imagine it in a yummy charcoal.

Next up is a wrap cardigan to finish up for Liam. With a big yarn order I made on it's way from The Knitting Loft as I type for a present that will take me forever, I plan on getting the cardigan finished this week.

There's also a pair of socks on the needles that are my "swimming lesson" socks. Easy to transport and no remembering of the pattern, just pickup and knit a few rows while avoiding being splashed by flailing legs and arms in the water.

Tomorrow on Blogtoberfest: Skirts for Moi

6 comments:

carri said...

Those booties are amazing! Now I'm thinking that I need to add a cup cozy to my knitting list. Gorgeous!

Tania said...

Ah, excellent to see I'm not the only one who comes over with the knitting bug as soon as summer looms!

2paw said...

Nice booties and the cosies are very swish!! Love the pattern books too. I am having a rush of knitting urges, must be the thought of the hot weather to come when there will be no knitting.

Clair said...

I'm not really a 'baby person' but I have to admit a love for baby shoes and booties. They're always so little and adorable.

And, I am in love with your blog header image :)

sweet limes said...

Those baby booties are the sweetest! You're making me want to learn even more. Once I get some of my current projects out of the way (sewing obviously) I'll have to hunker down with those sites you sent me and see if I can learn something. Suggestions on starting patterns that are easy enough but not dull dish clothes?

Melissa Goodsell said...

You've been busy! Everything looks so lovely :)